Sunday, January 13, 2013

Benefit They're Real Mascara Review





I got this with the Sephora free Birthday gift recently. I was so excited when I found out that this mascara is gonna be included in the free gift this year since I've heard a lot of good things about this mascara. After I've tried it I don't think it worth the hype, I was kinda disappointment because I really want to like it after all the excitement. =(

Formula

First of all, when it comes to mascara I always prefer a dry formula because I have really straight eye lashes and wet formula mascara always tend to uncurl my lashes throughout the day. Besides that it doesn't clump as much as the wet formula mascara. This mascara is definitely a wet formula mascara. My lashes could get a little clumpy and I have to brush it with a lash brush every time I apply a coat on my lashes. I'm really lazy to add another extra step in my makeup routine. >.<

TIPS: I've try different ways to apply it. Finally I figure out how to make it works for me. I leave the wand exposed to the air for a couple minutes before I use it. It does make it easier for me to apply it but still I don't like the formula.


Price
This is one of the reason that turn me
down for this product. The full size product is retailed for $23 in Sephora. Consider that a mascara usually last me 3 months, it is too expensive for a mascara.

Brush
The brush is really unique and different. It is like a little spiky ball at the end and it is suppose to enable us to apply the lashes at the corner of my eye. But I found out that it just gather too much of the product and I end up applying too much of the product and uncurl my lashes.


Result  

Actually I'm kinda pleased with the result of it (after I comb it with the lash brush or
the tips that I mention). It does give a little volume and length but it doesn't not give the result that I want. It is definitely not for you if you are looking for a natural looking mascara. Like I said before it could get a little clumpy when u apply too many coat. Overall I like to put this on when I'm going out at night but not for everyday.

Bare Lashes



One
Coat


2 coats






Another thing I don't like about this mascara is it is really hard to take off at the end of the day and I realized my lashes fall off everytime I remove this mascara. I don't think I will purchase the full size of this mascara.


Thank you for reading. I hope you all have a great day !!! =)




2 comments: